- After how many invalid logon attempts will I be locked out of Internet Banking?
Three invalid logon attempts will lock you out of Internet Banking. Customers should call a customer sales representative at 843-815-7111 Monday – Thursday from 8:30 A.M. – 5:00 P.M and Friday 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM.
- Can I use Internet Banking if I only have a CD, Loan, or Savings Account?
Yes. If you have any Atlantic Community Bank account - CD, Loan, Savings, or Checking product - you can get Internet Banking for FREE. You must have a checking account to have Bill Payment.
- How can I add or delete an account from Internet Banking?
The change can be made through any customer service representative.
- How can I reset my Internet Banking Account (not Bill Payment)?
You can call a customer service representative at 843-815-7111 Monday – Thursday from 8:30 A.M. – 5:00 P.M and Friday 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM.
- How can you guarantee the security of my banking information?
First, we use 128-bit encryption, the highest form of encryption currently available, to secure your Internet Banking sessions. Whenever you see the padlock symbol in your browser, you know this security feature is active. Other security tools are in place to ensure the integrity of your data, including firewalls and filtering routers that secure computers from Internet access and a "trusted" operating system, which protects information from both internal and external threats.
For additional security, customers select their own Personal Identification Number. PIN guessing is deterred by locking the ID out of the system following three unsuccessful logon attempts. These are just a few of the many security tools we use. These layers of security work together to make sure that all information transmitted between you and Atlantic Community Bank is both secure and authentic.
- How do I know if my browser has 128-bit encryption?
By clicking on the Test Browser button on our Home Page/Internet Banking sign-on page.
- If I have a question about Internet Banking whom should I call?
Telephone a customer service representative at 843-815-7111 Monday – Thursday from 8:30 A.M. – 5:00 P.M and Friday 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM, or e-mail your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What do I need to gain access to Internet Banking?
User ID, PIN, and Internet access. The Internet access could be at home or work. The browser must have 128-bit encryption. Using Internet access from some company locations may not work because of the security that company has implemented for outside Internet browsing.
- What does Internet Banking cost?
Internet Banking and Bill Payment are free to all customers.
- What happens if I lose or forget my ID or PIN?
If you lose/forget your ID or PIN, telephone a customer service representative at 843-815-7111 Monday – Thursday from 8:30 A.M. – 5:00 P.M and Friday 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM.
- What services are offered through Internet Banking?
- Unlimited in the number and type of accounts to access.
- Transfer funds between all checking and savings accounts (regulatory limitations may apply).
- Transfer funds between checking/savings and loan accounts at Atlantic Community Bank allowing for Interest / Principal payment distribution.
- Transaction history on all deposit and loan accounts.
- Check Imaging with front and back images on all cancelled checks.
- Obtain account information on your Checking, Savings, CD’s, Loan, and Safe Deposit Accounts.
- Stop payment on checks drawn on your checking account at Atlantic Community Bank (stop payment charges may apply).
- Download transactions from any accounts to industry standard money management software.
- Bill Payment Option - access the designated checking account to pay most bills.
- Will Internet Banking be available to me all the time?
It will be available virtually any time, day or night, 7 days a week. However, there may be times when it is temporarily unavailable due to nightly processing updates, or technical difficulties.
- Who can have Internet Banking?
Any Consumer or Sole Proprietor can use Internet Banking and Bill Payment. Partnerships, Corporations, and governmental institutions who require more sophisticated financial services may elect to use our Business Cash Management product. Contact a customer service representative at 843-815-7111 for more information!
- How can I get Internet Banking?
Atlantic Community Bank customers can start Internet Banking by visiting any Customer Service Representative at any branch location, or by applying online.
- Are there any merchants that I cannot pay through the bill payment service?
Yes. You may not use Bill Payment to pay any government agency.
- Can I have multiple payments to the same payee on the same day?
You can make multiple payments to the same payee as long as the payment amounts are different. For your protection, the system will not pay duplicate items in the same day.
- Can I edit merchant addresses?
No. In order to change a merchant address, you will have to set up a new merchant with the correct address and delete the entry with the incorrect address.
- Can I get a copy of a cancelled Bill Payment check?
You can request a copy through Atlantic Community Bank Customer Service at 843-815-7111. There may be a fee associated with this service.
- Can I set up recurring payments?
Yes. You can set up recurring payments in the following frequencies:
- Can I use Bill Payment if I live outside the U.S.?
Yes, as long as you have a checking account at Atlantic Community Bank; however, payments can only be made to locations in the United States.
- How do I know if a merchant is electronic or check?
Once you set up the merchant, you can look at the VIEW PAYEES screen, which includes a field that indicates if the merchant is electronic or check.
- How far In advance can I schedule payments?
You may schedule payments as far in the future as you want. Recurring payments can have an ending date of any year in the future.
- How far In advance should I set up a payment to insure it is paid on time?
Check payments should be scheduled at least 5 business days in advance of when you want the payment to be posted at the payee. Electronic payments should be made 3 business days in advance of when you want the payment to be posted at the payee.
- How late in the day can I edit or delete a payment?
You may edit or delete scheduled payments until 10:00 P.M. Bluffton, SC (Eastern) time the day before the scheduled payment date. For example, if a payment is scheduled for today, you may edit or delete the payment up until 10:00 P.M. today.
- How long is history retained in the VIEW PAYMENT HISTORY section?
Payment History records are kept for one year.
- How many payees may I set up?
You may have up to 99 payees.
- Is there any minimum and maximum payment amount?
Yes. The minimum payment amount is $0.01. The maximum amount is $5,000.00. Any payment larger than this will have to be arranged in advance. Bill payments initiated after 4:00 P.M. will not post until the next business day. Contact a bank representative for more information.
- What does the "status" field indicate on the PAYMENT HISTORY PAGE?
Status Value: Payment Pending
Definition: The payment has been processed, but not yet sent.
Status Value: Payment Processed
Definition: The payment has been processed and sent.
Status Value: Hold
Definition: The payment has a research request on it and has not been processed.
Status Value: Stopped
Definition: You have requested the payment to be stopped. It cannot be processed again.
- What happens if I have a scheduled payment that falls over a weekend or holiday?
Scheduled payments that fall over a weekend will be processed on Friday evening prior to the weekend. Any new payments that are scheduled during the weekend, for the current weekend, will be processed on Sunday night. Holiday processing is done the following day after the holiday.
- What if I do not have enough money in my account?
Bill payment items are treated just like any other check you write. Should the item be returned, a hold may be placed on your bill payment service.
- When will the money be taken out of my account for Bill Payments?
The money will be withdrawn from your account approximately one to two business days after the payment date you have specified. To insure adequate funds are available in your account, it is a good practice to have the funds in your account on the scheduled payment date.
- Will the memo field that I fill out when setting up a payment be passed on to the merchant?
No. The memo field is for your personal records; however, the account number that you entered when you added the payee to your Personal Payee List is printed on the check.
- Who do I call if I have problems with Bill Payment?
Contact a branch representative at 843-815-7111. Bill payments initiated after 4:00 P.M. will not post until the next business day.
- Whom can I pay through Internet Bill Payment?
You can pay ANYONE in the United States (excluding government agencies) - from your next door neighbor, to the utility company, the bank, and even a child in college across the country! You cannot make payments to any government agency.
- Are there excessive withdrawal limits when transferring from my Money Market or Savings Accounts?
Due to Federal Regulations the customer may not make more that six transfers or withdrawals per month or statement period or more than three to third parties, when these transfers are made by means of a pre-authorized or automatic transfer, or telephonic agreement, order or instruction, including Internet Banking. Transferring from a savings or money market account to a loan at Atlantic Community Bank does not count towards the excessive withdrawal limit.
- Between what accounts can I transfer?
You may transfer between all your designated deposit accounts at Atlantic Community Bank. Some accounts may be excluded from transfer capability due to regulatory requirements, bank policy, or loan agreement between the customer and Atlantic Community Bank.
- How late can I make a transfer and still have it post to my account that night?
A transfer can be made up to 7:00 P.M. Bluffton, SC (Eastern) time during any business day for that transaction to post that night. This includes all transfers between deposit accounts and loans. A transfer made today after 7:00 P.M. will "memo post", but will not actually appear until the next business day.